RNL is a global design firm that integrates design thinkers in architecture, landscape, urban and interior design spanning scales, geographies, and disciplines to find elegant solutions to diverse and complex challenges.
Our work seeks to positively transform environments, communities and lives by creating places of great intelligence, meaning and beauty. In our six decades of work, we have proven that the most successful solutions are built on holistic thinking. We believe deeply thoughtful understanding is critical to solving today’s complex challenges, and we combine this insight with aesthetics to create places that are high function and highly beautiful.
With offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Washington D.C., and Abu Dhabi, we balance the broad expertise and international reach of a larger design firm with the personalized service and creativity of a local boutique.
By designing in balance, we create cities that are more livable, buildings and offices that hum with the energy of inspiration, and the vital places between buildings where people can recharge with nature.
A 60+ Year History
Our work and culture is built on a foundational ethos of finding balance in what we do. Whether it is between listening and guiding; leading and collaborating; putting in extra effort and having fun; or applying years of experience and staying on the leading edge, integrated thinking pushes us to:
Design has an impact at every scale, and each decision affects all others.
We are better together. By integrating disciplines and perspectives, cultivating diverse expertise, listening and learning constantly, better ideas emerge.
Each problem deserves a deeply thoughtful approach. Compelling, meaningful and extraordinary design comes from personal commitment.
Design is the task of making high function highly beautiful – it’s part of all that we do.
Design 2 Thrive
Focusing on healthy life for humans and ecosystems is an imperative in all that we do. It is our responsibility to make the spaces and places we create better as a result.
Meet our team
Find Someone by Name
Join our team
Senior Interior Designer
We have an immediate need for a results-driven, passionate Senior Interior Designer to join our firm in our D.C. area office! This is a great opportunity for an immediate leadership position. This person will be responsible to build our corporate interiors market and studio in the DC area. The position will include business development, building client relationships, and managing/leading all design phases for interior design projects. RNL employees are passionate about what they do and that translates to a culture of high performance and superior client service. We are an Employee owned company that has had an ESOP in place for 30 years.
Click below for a downloadable PDF of the position description.
Completion of these forms is voluntary and in no way affects the decision regarding your application for employment. These forms are confidential and will be maintained separately from your application form.
– Bachelor Degree in interior design from a CIDA accredited school or related degree
– 10-15 years of experience in the corporate interiors industry
– Track record of winning and delivering high quality projects
– Existing professional network in the industry
– Prefer NCIDQ certified and LEED accreditation; willingness and ability to attain accreditation
– Passion for interior design and corporate interiors
– Knowledge of building codes
– Experience with office furniture systems and commercial furniture
– Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
– Proficiency in AutoCAD v2014 and Revit. Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch-UP are a benefit
– Strong knowledge of sustainable design practices,
demonstrated design sensitivity and LEED accredited
– Identify, pursue and win projects in the DC area to support the firm
– Develop teaming agreements for project pursuits
– Lead interview teams
– Bring high level of sustainable and innovative design to every aspect of practice
– Plan and implement corporate design standards
– Coordinate and lead all facets of a project from test fits through construction administration
– Make decisions on professional design for design or construction projects
– Coordinate project details with vendors and consultants
– Proactively manage client relationships while handling multiple competing priorities
– Oversee successful implementation of our Strategic Plan at the project level
– Participate in client meetings and manage client relationships on multiple projects
– Mentor less experienced staff
– Participate in IIDA or other Interior Design organizations and lead networking and business development
– Be a visible leader within the firm and the industry
Applicant Affirmative Action Information
We are presently seeking an Administrative/Marketing Assistant for our Arlington, VA office who possesses outstanding communication and collaboration skills and the ability to oversee multiple projects and deadlines. This is a great opportunity for an experienced team player with well-rounded office skills.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in the architecture, engineering, or construction industries preferred.
- An excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, InDesign, Photoshop, and PowerPoint is required. A computer skills test may be administered.
- Some experience with graphic design and layout preferred.
- Experience in the compilation of proposals in response to RFPs, specifically in Adobe InDesign, and knowledge of SF330 forms is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are desirable.
- Extremely organized and flexible; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor Degree strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate is a quick learner, self-starter, team player, and capable of working with a variety of personalities and professional styles.
- Provide Administrative Support to Principals, Studio Leaders and Team Members as needed:
- Office management, event and meeting coordination
- Reception desk functions with minimal telephone answering
- Industry event registration and licensure application monitoring
- Travel planning, coordination, and monitoring
- Prepare contracts using MS Word and AIA Document Software
- Provide Marketing Support as needed:
- Preparation of Statements of Qualifications, Proposals, and Interview Materials
- Coordinate/Communicate activities with Marketing Coordinators and Managers in other offices
- Update and keep current Marketing Collateral (Resumes; Project Sheets; Brochures; Photography)
- Update company website
Applicant Affirmative Action Information
Pacific Region Transit Director
We have an immediate need for an entrepreneurial, creative, and energetic person for the firm’s transit and public works market to be the Pacific Region Transit Director. The ideal candidate is comfortable interacting with clients, preparing and leading interviews, collaborating on project pursuits, and consistently exceeding clients’ expectations. A strong commitment to collaboration is a top priority. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of our innovative, national team; working to expand what is already one of the most respected practices in the U.S. While a significant portion of the work will be based in Southern California, travel will be required throughout the Pacific Region.
RNL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a professional and collegial culture. RNL employees are passionate about what they do and that translates to a culture of high performance and superior client service.
- 10-15 years of experience in transit/public works industry.
- Record of accomplishment of winning and delivering high quality projects.
- Existing professional network in the transit and public works industry.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture/Engineering/or Planning from an accredited university.
- Licensed Architect, Engineer, or Planner desired.
- Proven previous relevant experience (including bus and rail facilities, transit and passenger stations, and public works facilities).
- Passion for transit/civic architecture and public spaces.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- General knowledge of BIM and management software.
- Strong knowledge of sustainable design practices, demonstrated design sensitivity and LEED accredited.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
- A person who wants to make a difference
- Results oriented
- A Motivator
- Personable / Collegial
- Proven Leader/Team Builder/Mentor
- Strong Manager
- Results-driven and Collaborative
- A person who can have fun and inspires others to have fun also
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Passion for client service and a high-performance culture
- Ability to earn respect and trust of the employees and clients
- Participation in APTA, CTA, APWA, and other transit/public works-related associations.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the firm’s Strategic Plan
- Responsible for identifying the project staff needs
- Bring project schedules, budgets, and scope of work to successful completion
- Bring high level of sustainable and innovative design to every aspect of practice
- Bring in work to support the firm
- Lead interview teams
- Develop teaming agreements for project pursuits
- Identify, pursue, and win transit/public works projects in the Pacific Region
- Be a visible leader within the firm and the industry.
Applicant Affirmative Action Information
At RNL, we balance listening with guiding, learning with leading, performance with aesthetics, and work with life.
Collaborating in an interdisciplinary manner means everyone has to pitch in to achieve a result larger than any single effort. Learn more about our work and our team and join us in making great places.View our workJoin our team